Monday, July 7, 2008

Mistakes May Cost You

After crunching the numbers, it seemed wise at the time to go ahead and apply for financing on a 2008 Hyosung GV250 motorcycle. Even with the cost of the insurance and monthly payment the numbers revealed a savings of nearly $200 per month in fuel cost. Seems like a wise purchase.

After many discussions about safety, possibility of death or debilitating injury, life insurance, having 8 small children, survival of my widow wife, plus a phone call from my in-laws telling me that one of their young friends (whom we have met) was just killed on a motorcycle at age 30 and left behind a young wife and four little boys......ALL of this plus....I remember the "check" I sorta had in my spirit while going through the bike lot (I thought it was just because of where I was....it is an evil place (I'm not kidding)...not necessarily because I was making a purchase)...

So, after all the processing I did I now have the motorcycle up for sale. Problem is, unless God has another way...It will cost the family more to sell it than to keep it and use. To make it a fair price for the new buyer, I will be losing $400-$800 depending on what it sells for. We are not made of money so God will have to provide somehow.

It's difficult to act in faith. Faith is exercised when you can't see. I like to think of the old Indiana Jones...can't remember which one but Harrison Ford was at the end of the road and needing to cross a deep canyon. He stepped out *in faith* and - poof! - that was an invisible bridge to the other side. My situations often provoke the internal question ("how much faith do I really have"). My experience always answers that question for me (not as much as you should have had). God is always faithful.

So...any interested bike buyers out there?

No comments: