Thursday, July 3, 2008

What is "Hypermiling"?

I just read a blog by Josh Harris who snagged an article from USA Today about "hypermiling"?

I just heard about this from a neighbor who says he is trying it out. I've not yet asked him how much he's really saving but he says he can do 1 month on a single tank - if he watches his driving habits. That's one quarter tank each week. He drives an SUV to work and back.

So how many miles is one really able to squeeze out of a gallon of gas?
What extremes are you going to in order to save on the rising fuel cost?
Are there any "hypermilers" reading this?

Please share your fuel savings tips with the rest of us!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Hey Don!

Welcome to "Blog World"!

I try and coast down hills (at a safe speed of course!) as much as I can...and up the hills if no one is behind me.

Hug the kids for me!

Jenn

Jenn said...

PS

That's a scary picture of you! :o)